Return Goods Relief (RGR): What it is and how it works
Clear Fr8 Limited is able to assist with all Return Goods Relief (RGR) imports to the UK, call today for our latest competitive rates.
Return Goods Relief (RGR) is a customs relief scheme that allows businesses to import goods back into the UK without paying import duty. RGR can be used for a variety of goods, including returned goods, samples, and goods that have been repaired or modified.
To qualify for RGR, the goods must meet certain conditions. The goods must have been originally imported into the UK, and they must be returned to the UK within three years of the original import. The goods must also be in the same condition as they were when they were originally imported.
There are a few different ways to apply for RGR. Businesses can apply online, by post, or by telephone. The application process is relatively simple, and businesses can usually get a decision within a few days.
RGR can save businesses a significant amount of money on import duty. For example, if a business imports a product for £100, and the import duty is 20%, the business will have to pay £20 in import duty. However, if the business returns the product to the UK within three years, they can apply for RGR and will not have to pay any import duty.
RGR is a valuable customs relief scheme that can save businesses money on import duty. If you are a business that imports goods, you should consider applying for RGR.
How to apply for Return Goods Relief (RGR)
To apply for RGR, you will need to complete an application form. The application form can be found on the HM Revenue and Customs website.
The application form will ask for information about the goods that you are returning, including the value of the goods, the date of the original import, and the reason for the return.
Once you have completed the application form, you will need to submit it to HM Revenue and Customs. You can submit the application form online, by post, or by telephone.
HM Revenue and Customs will usually make a decision on your application within a few days. If your application is approved, you will not have to pay any import duty on the goods that you are returning.
Benefits of Return Goods Relief (RGR)
There are a number of benefits to using Return Goods Relief (RGR). These benefits include:
- Saving money on import duty: RGR can save businesses a significant amount of money on import duty.
- Easier to manage inventory: RGR can make it easier for businesses to manage their inventory. By returning goods that are no longer needed or wanted, businesses can free up space in their warehouses and reduce the amount of stock that they have to carry.
- Reduced environmental impact: RGR can help to reduce the environmental impact of businesses. By returning goods that are no longer needed or wanted, businesses can help to reduce the amount of waste that is produced.
- Improved customer service: RGR can help businesses to improve their customer service. By allowing customers to return goods that are not satisfactory, businesses can show their customers that they are committed to providing a high level of service.
- Return Goods Relief (RGR) is a valuable customs relief scheme that can save businesses money on import duty. If you are a business that imports goods, you should consider applying for RGR.
- Certificate of Origin
- Packing List
- Bill of lading
- Commercial Invoice
- Customs Clearance